Friday, January 16, 2009

Visualize İstanbul

Some of the photos from the batch I snapped on the bus tour (until my camera ran out of batteries).

Ataturk Cultural Center in Taksim ^



Taksim Square ^





^ panoramic view of Golden Horn, with the İnönü Stadium in bottom left corner


going over the Atatürk Bridge ^




city wall ^

one of the major cemeteries ^
Yedikule dungeons ^
commercial ships waiting to pass through ^






Hagia Sophia ^

I'll try to get some of Walker's pictures up later. He has a few from after my camera died.

3 comments:

  1. That pay toilet is a far cry from the one we saw in Madison Square Park (in good old NYC)! But you pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I'm surprised that the cemetery didn't look much different from the ones in Europe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at your pictures! I have been meaning to comment for days -- I love how you "photo shopped" the horse and vegetable/fruit wagon picture!

    ReplyDelete