Friday, January 23, 2009

So much for Athens

We went to the train station yesterday morning to get on a train to Athens; however, all the Athens' trains were booked for the next two days! We didn't want to waste more money on hotels in Thessaloniki, and without internet it's hard to plan a trip to another destination. So, we booked the train last night to come back to Istanbul, which is where I am now. I was pretty homesick in Greece. I think it was because I really liked Greece (Thessaloniki, at least), and it reminded me more of the US than Turkey did. So when I would start to think about going back to Istanbul and being here for four months, I would start feeling homesick. I was surprised when I got off the train this morning to feel happy to be back here. It felt sort-of like coming home after being on the road traveling and staying in hotels. I'm tired and need a shower, so that's all for now. The internet here is still horribly slow, so it may be a while before I get all of my Greece pictures (and the rest of my earlier Istanbul pictures) loaded.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, too bad about Athens. Greece sounds awesome, though; i can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about Athens...can't wait to see pictures. Hope to talk soon.

    ReplyDelete