Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In İstanbul

I'm here! The flights went well. From Atlanta to Amsterdam there were three seats for me to stretch out in, although I couldn't sleep at all. On the flight from Amsterdam to İstanbul I snoozed the whole way. It was amazing to see İstanbul by air flying in.

We arrived to our apartment after a half-hour drive through İstanbul from the airport. I got a chance to see how crazy the driving is here. Our apartment is very nice with a beautiful view out the back. The owner and his wife gave us pastries stuffed with feta cheese and egg and lamb meat.

Tomorrow we will go on a bus tour through İstanbul. I should have many pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Yay your first blog. So happy you got there safely. Can't wait to talk to you in a few days. Have a great time on your bus tour. Alison

    ReplyDelete