Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dinner and A Movie

Mardin was abseloutely amazing.  We got back yesterday afternoon.  I have so many pictures and stories, but I'll wait to write them once I have the pictures loaded to go along with it.

Tonight was a perfect night.  Cameron, Casey and I met our friend Zeynep in Levent to see Slumdog Millionaire (it just came out in Turkey on Friday).  What a wonderful movie!  I am in love with the actors, music, cinematography, and of course the story.  Afterwards we went to a great kebap restaurant that Zeynep's father owns.  For mezes (appetizers), we had this salad with this sort of pomegranate dressing and lahmacun (a tortilla with minced lamb and tomatoes and parsley).  For the main course I had very good lamb kebap with yogurt and garlic and eggplant and Cameron had the most delicious lamb and eggplant kebap.

I am so full and happy now and also ready to get some sleep!

4 comments:

  1. I think you lost a day! Isn't today Monday, March 2? :-)
    I can't wait to see your Mardin pictures.
    The next time your are here we can watch SlumDog -- I would like to see it again and I know you like to watch movies multiple times. Did you see that Wall-E won some Oscars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures from Mardin. SlumDog was a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see Mardin. Do you realize it is closer to Bahgdad than Istanbul? Seems scarey to me. Have not seen SlumDog yet. We have good friends whose son is married to a girl from Turkey named Zeynep. Hawaii was wonderful. Leave for our Caribbean cruise the 19th. Sandra and Jay having a boy! Love, Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! I had no idea that you were in Istanbul. How exciting! I hope you have a wonderful time, and stay safe. I have loved looking at the pictures you have posted!
    --Faith P

    ReplyDelete