Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Couple of "Kedi"s

What a yucky day! It's been pouring and windy! I made eggs with basil, mushrooms and onions for breakfast... it was delicious!

I did not feel like going out of the apartment at all, eventually I headed to studio with Christine. We got there to find four of the guys from our studio all sitting in the hallway with their laptops. We still don't have keys to get in. But the internet there is fast! I was able to download my iPod update so I can put apps on it. I got one that is a Turkish phrase book with some common phrases in it... it will be very useful.

There must have been a door open down the corridor somewhere because the wind kept howling and howling. Then we heard meowing and meowing. There was a cat, or kedi in Turkish, coming down the hall towards us. Eventually it came over to say hello; it's meow was so intense... just like the one my cat CeCe picked up at the vet one boarding. A little bit later another showed up. I've decided to call them Skittles and Biscuit-Maker. Skittles was very skittish and Biscuit-Maker kept kneading biscuits on Christine's D&G purse! They were very friendly... despite Biscuit-Maker's face in the last picture.




When Christine and I left studio around six it was already dark out. Our studios are in the basement, so to get to them we cut across the central courtyard then go down a set of stairs that lead straight into the basement level. We open the door to outside and could see hardly anything, the staircase was so dark. Then we had to cut across the dark, wet, empty courtyard with a cat howling in the corner. Quite the scene from a horror movie.

Time to do a few last minute things then get to bed. I want to be up early to studio tomorrow. I'm going to pack my lunch and work all morning until studio begins at 1:30 pm.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, how cute! Maybe Biscuit-Maker was just trying to smile for the camera in the last photo... It looks kinda like a forced "Cheese!"

    I'm doing a story on Operation Cat Nap and the Feral Cat Feeding Program on Auburn's campus for the Plainsman this week. I stopped by your old dorm to take some pictures of Glarby, and she was a wonderful little model. I'm going to try to remember to bring her a treat sometime soon as a thank-you gift:)

    ReplyDelete